Freight Forwarders Liability Insurance
Customized Solutions For Freight And Logistics
What is Freight Forwarders Liability Insurance?
Freight Forwarders Liability (FFL) Insurance is coverage for the damage or loss of goods when in the care of companies handling logistics for a third party.
Do I need Freight Forwarders Liability Insurance?
If your company coordinates or handles the transport of goods for a third party, you are potentially liable for damage or loss of goods whilst under your care. This applies to all forms of transport regardless of whether it is by land, sea, or air.
We understand the challenges that complex, interconnected risks present for companies doing business both domestically and globally. Not only does FFL Insurance pay out for justified claims (according to the conditions of the relevant insurance policy), it also protects the insured against unjustified claims.
In the event that a third party makes a claim against you, associated legal and mitigation costs not only take a financial toll on your bottom-line but can also damage your reputation. Claims can come from both the shipping side and the receiving side.
Companies are also subject to unforeseen customs fines or duties due to omissions or human error, as well as delays during transportation or customs holdup. Breach of regulations at port authorities and dealing with abandoned cargo can also require action and financial resources. FFL Insurance protects against these common issues.
FFL Insurance caters to various operators across industries, including:
- Freight forwarding companies
- Non-vessel operating common carriers
- Haulage companies
- Warehouse keepers
- Logistics operators
- Multimodal transport operators
Looking for Freight Forwarders Liability Insurance?
What does Freight Forwarders Liability Insurance cover?
FFL Insurance commonly covers the following categories, and can be tailored to the unique circumstances of your company:
- Damage or loss to cargo during transit
- Customs fines and duties (due to errors and omissions) including delays
- Third-party liabilities (legal expenses, mitigation costs, debris removal, etc.)
- Port authorities for any breach of regulation or duties
- Uncollected or abandoned cargo
- Operational services (like distribution, storage, haulage, packaging, etc.) against fire, explosion, or other accidents
- Coverage for personal injury or employee injury during operations
We work together with our freight forwarding and logistics company clients as they continue to expand their reach and responsibilities around the world, and we tailor our Freight Forwarders Liability Insurance to meet their requirements.
Azure Risk can help you mitigate these risks with a difference.